Dallas, TX 75235
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management for medium to high complexity projects over the entire life of the initiative. The Project Manager understands the business objectives and scope and will guide a Team to deliver expected results for projects. The Project Manager works closely with accountable Delivery Leaders in the Business and Technology to ensure assigned project delivers on business objectives and value, while managing scope/timeline/budget and technical risk. The Project Manager will typically be responsible for a single high complexity project or several smaller/lower complexity initiatives at one time. The Project Manager will be able to provide support and guidance for both business and technology-initiated projects. This position requires solid knowledge of technology processes and implementation procedures.
- Defines complex project plans including scope, budget and schedule, and executes tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
- Continually assesses project needs and resources to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Validates, and may help develop, business cases with Customers, as well as develops a project charter.
- Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
- Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
- Engages and initiates change leadership to ensure project acceptance.
- Drives Teams and Customers toward decisions.
- Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to drive results.
- Proactively communicates with Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
- Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence without authority to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups.
- College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred.
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience as a Project Manager preferred.
- 3 or more years work experience in project management required.
- Experience as a project manager preferred
- Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests required.
- Advanced knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
- Advanced knowledge of technology applications and systems infrastructure.
- Proficient knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
- Strong Customer Service and Team orientation.
- Demonstrates and employs active listening skills.
- Builds relationships and influences without authority.
- Effectively communicates information and ideas using all forms of communication.
- Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations.
- Directs tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
- Reorders job priorities for Team and self as needed.
- Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.